Thursday, January 26, 2006

Usually I don't even bother glancing at the pop-ups that appear on my screen everytime I turn on my computer. But this particular one caught my eye. It's of the movie "Annapolis" which opens in theaters nationwide tomorrow, Friday, 27th January. I'm not sure if it'll be shown in Singapore, but I suppose it will be. What caught my eye was the synopsis and the trailer. I copied the synopsis down and pasted it below- go read it for yourself and you'll see just exactly why I found it so fascinating.

It looks like a promising film. I'm raring to go catch it just that I don't know if I'll have the time to, but hey buddy, (yes, you, my sleepy-headed buddy, you know who you are hahaha) I think you should definitely catch this if it comes out in Singapore. Read the belowmentioned and you'll see why.


Movie Synopsis:

It's known as one of the toughest institutions in America--a home for the best and brightest who are driven to serve their country and a training facility where only the strongest survive. It's a rarified world that, by necessity, makes or breaks tomorrow's heroes. And for local Maryland kid Jake Huard the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis has been a lifelong dream he never thought could come true. Only now that it has, he is about to realize that his battle to become the man he always wanted to be is only just beginning.

Jake was raised to believe his future lay as a laborer in the Annapolis shipyards--like everyone else in his family before him. But to his disbelief, Jake has defied the odds and become one of the rare few accepted to Annapolis along with some of the most elite young men and women in the country. When he arrives, his dream soon looks like it might turn into a nightmare. As a freshman plebe, Jake is immediately thrown into a pressure-cooker atmosphere that threatens to be his undoing. Just as it seems Jake could become another Annapolis statistic, he takes one last shot at proving his potential. He meets an unlikely ally in his beautiful, stunningly strong military superior, Ali, who also happens to secretly be a skilled boxing trainer.

Jake decides to train for the legendary Navy boxing competition, a creator of future leaders known as the Brigade Championships. Now, there remains only one thing standing between Jake and the triumph he needs--the steel-jawed company commander, Midshipman Lt. Cole.

Everything Jake has ever hoped for stands in the balance--the chance to make his father proud, the chance to stand up for his fellow plebes and, most of all, the opportunity to fight for a better future.

Check this movie out here
.

No comments: