Sunday, January 08, 2006

I returned to Ann Arbor yesterday and was surprised at my ability to adjust seamlessly back into school-going mode. It was almost like I hadn't left at all, which I guess is good, because I'd originally thought it'd take me a while to get acclimatised to the busyness of college life and rowing practice and everything all over again. Anyway, it wasn't that bad after all. Somehow I felt pretty happy to be back in Michigan after the two weeks spent in Singapore- even though it is going to be another four months before I find myself embarking on another twenty-hour journey across the Pacific and back home. But then again, I'll be able to spend a far longer time in Singapore then, so that's definitely something worth looking forward to. I just attended my very first lecture of the winter term for 2006- POLSCI 160, or World Politics, which seems potentially interesting- a change from Comparative Politics, which I enjoyed immensely, but it's always good to learn something new. I'm really thankful that I no longer have 8am classes up on North Campus. I'm fine with the 8am bit, just that the trip up North was a tremendous pain the whole of last semester, and I'm glad that I've got no more reason to go up there anymore. My schedule for this semester is pretty decent- no classes on Friday (that's my primary criteria when scheduling classes), I start at 10am on Monday and 9am on the next 3 days. And so that gives me plenty of room to start planning my workout times and regimes- I do miss being hardcore. Hahaha.

I had every good intention to go for a run today at 11am after POLSCI lecture, just that my legs are currently rebelling and are a tad wobbly, especially after that hideously tiring leg press this morning during weights with the rest of the crew team. Back to proper training after a couple of days off- I'll have to wean myself back into it. Which is why I'm sitting beside my bed and typing out this entry instead. But I suppose that's good, since I haven't really blogged anything substantial in quite a while! Anyway there's erg practice at 3.15pm later on in the afternoon, so that should be enough exertion for the day. I'll only let myself off the hook today, and no more.

No comments: