Friday, January 13, 2006

I was just clearing my email inbox and look what I came across. Apparently I'm still part of the SeconomicsRJC Yahoogroup, the name speaks for itself- it's a group comprising all the past and present 'S' paper economists in RJC. I don't particularly think I deserve to be part of this group, since my reasons for taking 'S' level economics were more pragmatic rather than for purposes of actual interest. But whatever. Anyway, I chuckled to myself upon reading the following email sent by our beloved Jamie Reeves- it does seem like nothing's changed, two years on.

***
Dear 'S' Paper Economists (class of 2006)

No college this Tuesday, so there will be a session
this Thursday (12th) in LT6, and I would like everyone
to attend, or as many as possible. I will be
conducting the session, and we will take a look at the
November exam paper, which was the best paper set in
the last decade.

In the normal run of things there will be two sessions
each week - Tuesday & Thursday - and you will choose
to attend one of the two sessions. (note: alternatively, you can conveniently choose not to attend any of them at all, like what my dearest friend gaya did, though it is highly unadvised that you do so.)

Mr. Sowden will conduct the lessons in the following
week, when he will conduct the post mortem on the
first essay. He tells me that so far he has failed
every single essay marked.
Welcome to the world of 'S'
Paper!

I look forward to meeting you all on Thursday.

Mr. Reeves
***

Which reminds me that I never received anything better than an 'U+' (Ungraded Plus- like the plus makes a hell of a difference!) until the 'A' Levels. So all you 'S' paper economists out there (unlucky souls), don't worry too much about it because you'll probably come through in the end!

No comments: