Friday, June 15, 2007

Real pleased with the way my clean & jerk (C&J) is coming along. I have a tendency to use my arms rather than rely on power from the hip extension, but going up in weight on the Olympic lifts forces me to to use leg power rather than purely arm power. Today the Crossfit workout was as follows:
1500 m row
21 C&J
1000 m row
15 C&J
500 m row
9 C&J
Rx'd: 95 lbs/ 75 lbs
For Time


Now if that isn't a crazy ass workout, I don't know what is. Hoo boy those cleans get me every time. And the snatches too. Anyway I made a list of some of my most hated - alright, most challenging - Crossfit/ Boot Camp exercises. And so here they are.
- Wall Balls to a 10 ft target
- Ball Slams with anything more than 30 lbs for an insanely high number of repetitions
- Weighted DB Stepups onto a 20-inch plyo box
- Pressing/ Heaving Snatch Balance
- Double Unders (pfffttt I need to work on jumping rope)
- Thrusters of any kind
- And of course, (Hooray) Burpees!

***
Taken from crossfit.com-

World-Class Fitness in 100 Words:

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.

No comments: