Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Updated Birthday Wishlist

My brother and sister are getting me the boxing gloves so I think that's covered...
I've added 4 more items...

1. Elite Rings

These are the first rings designed from the ground up for fitness training. Weighing less than three pounds, you can take them with you wherever you go. And the quick and easy mounting system allows you to hang them nearly anywhere. The selection of possible exercises is limited only by your imagination: pullups, dips, pushups, muscle-ups, body rows, the iron cross and much more is possible.

Found here, retailing at USD 71.95.

2. Crossfit Journal Subscription

The CrossFit Journal is a monthly chronicle of the CrossFit Program. For only USD 25.00 yearly you can have all the details of the CrossFit concept e-mailed to you monthly.

3. Nike Free Trainer 7.0 - Men's (STYLE# 315812 COLOR# 071)

The model and color portrayed in the picture above are different. The color scheme for the particular pair I have in mind is Neutral Grey/Pro God/Flint Grey/White, according to the Nike website. I have been using a pair of Nike Free 5.0s for several months now, and they have proved to be excellent cross-trainers (even though they are originally running shoes). I was skeptical about the "barefoot technology" at first, but since I started using them they've been terrific, I haven't suffered any runner's knee relapse, and they really do make you more aware of stability and foot motion. So I'm looking to get a pair specifically for cross-training, with a little more cushioning, and the Nike Free 7.0s fit the bill perfectly.

Retailing online at Nike.com at USD 85.00.

4. ASICS Cael™ V2.0 Wrestling Shoe

The Asics® Cael™ V2.0 wrestling shoe showcases a UniSole™ construction which helps you maximize traction through increased sole contact with the mat. The 3-dimensional lasting contours to your foot for better fit and the integrated lace cover conforms to national and international regulations.

No, I don't wrestle, but it happens that I'm looking for a pair of boxing shoes, and generally wrestling shoes are built to similar specifications that boxing shoes use. I am trying to decide between this, or the Asics® Split Second™ VI Wrestling Shoe, or the adidas Tyrint III Wrestling Shoe.

Retailing online at Dick's Sporting Goods at USD 49.97.

No comments: