Thursday, January 24, 2008

you're still the missing line in my favorite song

I've started logging my workouts again, especially now that I'm back training on my own. Here's the link to my workout blog: Get Some, Go Again! Take a look, try some workouts, and let me know how it goes! As you'll see on that blog, I did a "Filthy Fifty" today, one of the CrossFit oldies-but-goodies, but I had to change some of the exercises because of equipment limitations. That didn't make it any easier, though. I must say doing 50 burpees as the next-to-last exercise on the WOD was the real kicker. I mean, 50 burpees for time is a pretty nasty workout in itself!

Other than that, not much to report. Although my roommate and I cooked dinner tonight - she made shepherd's pie and I baked this (courtesy of desertculinary.blogspot.com). It's a pretty tasty and easy recipe - you should try it for yourself and see how it turns out! Of course, it's probably not something you'd eat everyday (oh, the sin!) but it's great for kicks.

***
The moon blindsided the sky again
As we grabbed loose ends of the tide and then
The slippery slide
You know, I can't say when
I ever took a ride that could slap me this silly
With roiling joy
Lazy as sin
Lyin' up in heaven with my special friend
And the space he's in
It can make a girl grin
In the beginning of a lifelong fling

***
Over the Rhine - Lifelong Fling

No comments: