Tuesday, January 22, 2008

hit me with your best shot

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
Helen Keller
US blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

I know everyone has probably seen or heard this oft-used quote in one form or another, but I have to say it resonates with me. The past three weeks have been, frankly, one of the hardest times ever, but things are definitely looking up now and there are so many opportunities, far more than I ever imagined that there would be! It's funny how resourcefulness kicks in only when humans are pushed to their limits or their wits' ends. And after I've searched, I've realized that there are far greener pastures out there, just waiting to be explored. I've also come to realize that there are all sorts of people out there, some who are truly, indubitably great friends and people I'm incredibly thankful for, and others who are just looking to bring you down. To the former, thank you with all my heart. To the latter - I say it'll take far more than that to bring me down, and I only hope that you won't succumb to your own follies. Here's to great friends, an awesome final semester at U-M, CrossFit, olympic weightlifting, and everything God has blessed me with!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

muaks Dino, i'm happy for you:)

- V