Sunday, January 13, 2008

i'll be calling your name as i float through your window

Today was a good day.

Benchmark WOD:
2000 m row

WOD:
5 sets of 5 reps -
Front Squat
Overhead Squat

Finished my 2k row in 8:01.3, giving me a split of 2:00.3, which is better than I've ever done in my life, even when I was rowing for Michigan. I think my previous PR was 8:08 or so. I surprised even myself there! The squats were good as well. I worked up to 145# for my last set of 5 front squats, and up to 105# for my last set of 5 overhead squats. After that, I stayed behind to practice clean and jerks under Patrick's expert eye. My previous PR for the C&J was 125#, but I amazed myself once again when 130# went up without much difficulty. On my first attempt at a 135# C&J, I made the clean but missed the jerk. On my second try, though, I made both! And so now I have a PR of 135# for the C&J. Sweet. It's funny, because I took about a month off O-lifting as well as hardcore CrossFitting since returning to Singapore (where I did more middle-distance running and long swims, and only one CF WOD a day, which was more metcon and less strength-centric), and yet everything seems to have improved. I remember being slightly burnt out right before I left for Singapore, and so I cut back on the CF WODs while incorporating more endurance training. Maybe I've discovered what it is that makes me tick.

I only wish the rest of my life would sort itself out as nicely. I can't believe the number of times I've been hitting the "refresh" button today. It doesn't make any difference at all, I know it doesn't. Sigh.

We're driving
Just me and God
It's raining
It's raining hard
The windows
Are steaming up
The bridge
Engulfed by fog

No comments: