Sunday, March 02, 2008

it's like picking at a scab

it's been almost two months, yet i still find myself thinking about you.

usually i push my thoughts aside, most of the time i succeed in immersing myself in something else (i suppose it's hard to think when you're occupied with work, talking to others, or just trying to survive another brutal CrossFit workout), but it's the quiet moments that get me. and they're lying in wait for me everywhere - journeys on the bus staring out of the window, walking home from the MRT, even those long swims in the pool. don't get me wrong, i'm not clutching at straws here. i know it's over, but a part of me still grieves. i keep telling myself to move on, to get a grip, to leave you behind. at least the pain ebbs away a little everyday.

***
In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.
- Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

1 comment:

Moby Dick said...

Not sure what happened, but I hope you feel better. I tried to go back a few months, but I could not find that critical moment in your blog when you explain what happened.

Hope it gets better!