Friday, August 24, 2007

Quotes from Coach Greg Glassman

"Come to me with tales of a 900 pound back squat, and I know already of some very serious limitations to your fitness. Come to me with a 4:15 mile - I am suspicious of your total capacities. But, if you tell me you've got a 650 pound back squat, and with a twinkle in your eye, about a 4:50 mile - I know we've got a monster."

"Trainers and civilians needs are more akin to the firefighter, cop and soldier than they are to the elite athlete. The reason being, you don't know what gameday will look like, you don't know when it will occur and you don't know what the stressor will be, you just don't know."

"Be impressed with intensity, not volume."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey are you based in singapore?

Feng said...

Hi Anon,
yeah I'm Singaporean. Are you a CrossFitter too?

Anonymous said...

HEY! i haven't worked out with you yet!! are you ald back in the US??
-dawn-