Wednesday, April 04, 2007

***
It's amazing what meditating on scripture can do for you. I have some favorites, particularly in 2 Nephi.

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
- 2 Nephi 31:20 (BOM)

3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.
4 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal.
- 2 Nephi 33:3-4 (BOM)

A verse of encouragement from Doctrine and Covenants also aids greatly.

24 Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good.
- D & C 90:24

And that verse naturally evokes this well-known one from Romans:

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- Romans 8:28 (NT)
***

3 comments:

ad said...

you've been studying the mormon bible? no offense intended, but please be very careful .. i don't think that is advisable at all ..

http://www.carm.org/mormon.htm

we| said...

yapx..my sentiments exactly..was thinking about it too..take special care k?? *love*

Feng said...

hey yeah I've spent a substantial amount of time on the carm.org website before, and it's probably one of the leading Christian apologetic sites around. But we could play Scripture poker till no end and not gain a thing - it's pretty amazing how the understanding we gain from reading something, anything at all, is dependent on how we choose to interpret it.

http://www.fairlds.org/

Ultimately, it all depends on our willingness to follow Christ. May our paths converge at His feet.