Tuesday, August 23, 2005

sitting in a cafe called Amer's in Michigan Union now- it's kind of the equivalent of the Yusof Ishak Hall in NUS, something of that sort, at least. Pretty cool! so far it's been quite an interesting experience- seeing the college town in its entirety. The brick buildings, lovely architecture, the Michigan Blue Bus, the wonderful sports fields, the huge supermarkets- i feel really lucky to be able to see all these things, especially in a foreign land with all sorts of people from different backgrounds. My roommate from Traverse City, MI has just emailed me- she seems like a pretty nice girl so i guess i'm incredibly blessed in all these aspects. Will be opening my bank accounts later at around 11 when I meet up with some other Singaporean freshmen and their parents. By the way, I've got a new cellphone number, so please contact me at that number if anything's up, rather than my singapore one. I'll be retaining my singapore number for use back in SG, but while I'm in ann arbor I'll be using my Michigan number mostly. i'll mail you guys my number yup. Or you can ask me for it...

The weather here's rather balmy, temperatures ranging from 15 to 20 degrees. I went for a run around the neighbourhood of my inn this morning, and it was an amazing experience. somehow in this sort of weather i felt like i could run really quickly! which was great. :] okay check back to my blog for more regular updates- think I'll definitely be blogging much more now that I'm in UMich and on this lovely wireless campus. Rocks. cheers!

No comments: